About this Blog:

This is a written account of a series of events that took place last year (2010) and continue even now. As a means of protecting myself, and those involved, my name, and the names of all involved will be changed. I will post as often as I am able to, but as the events continue to influence my life, finding myself at a computer for long enough to detail these events is not easy. For the interests of this account, my name is Allen Bishop, and I lived in Riverside, California.
First time readers should start HERE.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back at the Bank

     We arrived at the bank that night, and Liza welcomed us back in. We told her what had happened, and she asked us to recount it again to the rest of the nerds. It's really not fair for me to call them that, but I think it's funny, and they think it's annoying.  Liza gathered everyone up, and drew their attention to Silas, expecting him to tell the story. He grunted and sat down behind me, leaving it up to me. I'm not much of one for speeches, but I did my best to recount what had happened. When I finished explaining the conversation with the M.E. there was a long silence, like they were all waiting for me to say more, waiting for good news, I guess. Fortunately, Liza swooped in and took charge.
"Okay People, here's the deal. I think at this point, we can make a few assumptions. We aren't the only people who are searching for the people on this list. I think we can assume that the deaths are linked at this point, and gauging by the connection made by these two families, I think that someone is following the same route we were."
     At that, a gawky little guy in the middle of the crowd raised a hand, and Liza nodded to him
"Can we assume a pattern with only two points of reference?"
     Liza seemed a bit frustrated as she replied "Sam, at this point I think we're going to have to make some leaps in logic. Just go with it." He didn't seem to like it, but he quieted down, and Liza continued, "What we need is a plan to get ahead of this other guy, and stop him. Let's get brainstorming!"
A ton of hands shot up, and liza began running the place like a town hall meeting, calling on one person, then allowing debate of the person's idea, either reworking it into a better idea, or scrapping it and moving on. They kept going like this for about an hour until it was settled again: we were splitting up, Silas in one car with a nerd and a mobile setup, Me in a different car with another nerd. We were each heading in opposite directions, toward different families. Meanwhile, the guys back at the bank were doing the obvious and calling families, trying to convince them to go into hiding, or at least meet with one of the two cars. All we were trying to do is protect them, but I was sure people were just going to panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that this blog may be monitored. I have enabled anonymous commenting, which is the best I can do for your protection. I would love to hear from anyone friendly, please.