About this Blog:

This is a written account of a series of events that took place last year (2010) and continue even now. As a means of protecting myself, and those involved, my name, and the names of all involved will be changed. I will post as often as I am able to, but as the events continue to influence my life, finding myself at a computer for long enough to detail these events is not easy. For the interests of this account, my name is Allen Bishop, and I lived in Riverside, California.
First time readers should start HERE.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Smallville

Now, let me clarify here, I say "stranded in oklahoma" and you immediately think of a broken down old car steaming on the side of a tiny road in the middle of a corn field. That's not where we were . It was a smallish town. There aren't that many freeways now without towns along them. So, we found ourselves in Smallville USA without any gas in our car. We Weren't exactly sure what to do, so we asked around to see if anyone knew where to find short-term work in the area, just enough to afford some gas. Basically, there wasn't anywhere like that. We spent two nights sleeping in our car before Allen figured out how to solve the problem of money. It was absolutely insane. Allen had decided to rob a bank. The way he looked at it, we were already fugitives, and as long as we had a supply of cash, we could keep running forever. We resisted at first, honestly, I swear. But, there's something about crazy that is incredibly persuasive. We decided to pick off cash from a national branch, one of the big ones that got the bailout, that way we wouldn't be hurting the town specifically. Plus, as Kieth pointed out, that way it was more like reclaiming our own money. He was a funny sort of guy. Anyway, that was our plan. We spent the next week dumpster diving for food, and sleeping in the car while we planned our strategy. It was actually pretty good, to be honest. I'll fill you in more soon, I've got to keep moving, and it is hard as balls to type on a touch-screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that this blog may be monitored. I have enabled anonymous commenting, which is the best I can do for your protection. I would love to hear from anyone friendly, please.