About this Blog:

This is a written account of a series of events that took place last year (2010) and continue even now. As a means of protecting myself, and those involved, my name, and the names of all involved will be changed. I will post as often as I am able to, but as the events continue to influence my life, finding myself at a computer for long enough to detail these events is not easy. For the interests of this account, my name is Allen Bishop, and I lived in Riverside, California.
First time readers should start HERE.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chicago

     When I did wake up, it was the next day, and Silas was sitting on the other bed watching tv. He saw me stir, and mumbled about food, before leaving the room. He came back a half an hour later, after I had showered, carrying a greasy white paper bag with burgers and fries. To be honest, after about four days with only liquids pumped into me, those greasy shingles were the best burgers of my life. But that's beside the point. After our lunch, and a couple episodes of sitcom reruns, we finally got down to business. We grabbed out my laptop, and Silas handed me the flashdrive, mentioning that he had waited to plug it in as a sign of trust. It worked, just from the couple of hours we had spent talking over slimy burgers, I could tell that Silas wasn't an enemy. He was gruff, and a bit abrasive, but he was a very genuine sort of guy, never one to lie to make you feel good about something.
     We plugged in the flash drive, and it opened up the autoplay menu. We opened the drive, and it showed a couple of things: a bit of hardware that didn't make sense to me, and a folder with a google earth file, and a small .txt. The hardware turned out to be a 3g wireless thing, which is how the data got transferred off the server. The google earth file was a location in Chicago. I'm not detailing where exactly, because as far as I know, the people there are still alive, and I'd hate to ruin that for them. The .txt file basically explained who was there, what they do, and how to make friends with them. a bunch more stuff I can't really tell you, for their sake.
     We decided to take things slowly, on account of all my blood issues, so Silas offered to do the first bunch of driving. We packed up the next morning, grabbed some pancakes, and hit the road. That night, we crashed in Kansas, and I drove the next morning, partway into Missouri. Anyway, long story short, we would up in Chicago, on the third of August, and I was finally feeling alive again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that this blog may be monitored. I have enabled anonymous commenting, which is the best I can do for your protection. I would love to hear from anyone friendly, please.