About this Blog:

This is a written account of a series of events that took place last year (2010) and continue even now. As a means of protecting myself, and those involved, my name, and the names of all involved will be changed. I will post as often as I am able to, but as the events continue to influence my life, finding myself at a computer for long enough to detail these events is not easy. For the interests of this account, my name is Allen Bishop, and I lived in Riverside, California.
First time readers should start HERE.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

S.C.

     The blackness finally shook out of my eyes, and I woke up. The light was different from what I remembered, and it took me a moment to recall what had happened. I had been in the data center, I had blacked out, and now I was... I had no idea where I was. I panicked, I sat bolt upright, and realized I was in a hotel room, a two-bed, so I knew I hadn't gotten it myself. I tried t take in my surroundings, but things were still blurry. I noticed a bunch of my gear against one wall, and other equipment I wasn't familiar with, including a sturdy looking rifle, laying in the other corner. The toilet flushed, and a moment later, a man walked out of the bathroom.
     I reached to the nightstand to try to find my gun, but it wasn't where I normally store it. He shouted, "hey, careful you're going to tear those stitches!" He was too late in warning me, and a huge pain shot through my arm and chest. Things got blurry for a second, and when I refocused, he was standing closer to me. "Hey, keep calm, I'm a friend. The name's Silas." He extended a hand, and I took it. I didn't have much of a choice but to trust him, I was pretty defenseless. "Sorry, it's Silas Callahan, I figure Greg would have put some sort of hint about me. Then again, I figure you would have been able to get ahold of me before you went into that server house, too. I'm sorry about that. The flash drive sent me a text when it got plugged in, but I was a fair damn distance away." I was very confused, but after a moment, I made the connection, S.C. was Silas Callahan. He was the ally that was mentioned in the voice message. I was actually in safe company now. 
     "I'm Allen Bishop," I said, and he nodded, and said he had read my I.D. "So, what happened? Where are we and how did I get here? The last thing I remember was passing out in the datacenter." 
     "Well, like I said, when the flash drive got plugged in, it sent me a text telling me that you had made it to the server nest, and that I needed to go there. I was staying in Walsenburg, So it was about a two hour drive to get there. When I finally arrived, I found you in your car, covered in blood. All of your tires had been slashed, probably by the security guys that you killed, so I grabbed you and your stuff, and threw you into my car." 
     "Wait," I interrupted," how did I get into my car? I don't remember getting out of the building?" 
     "Based off the trail of blood and drag marks out to your car, I'm pretty sure you managed it. You were in some pretty shitty shape. Anyway, we're back in Walsenburg, It's been about two days since I found you. It's Thursday. You've been pretty well and out, I've mostly been trying to keep liquids in you. Obviously, I couldn't take you to a hospital, so I couldn't just get you a transfusion. I was pretty sure you were going to die, but you look a lot better. Especially with all that breathing and talking you're doing." He laughed, but I had a little trouble finding it funny. "Oh well. You're doing fine now. Why don't you rest up, and we'll figure out what our next move is when you're in better shape, okay?"
     I obliged, and passed right back out, for another two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be aware that this blog may be monitored. I have enabled anonymous commenting, which is the best I can do for your protection. I would love to hear from anyone friendly, please.